I like to peruse the various different BDSM and Sex Toy vendor sites looking for new and different additions to add to our collection. Over the years Joy and I have gotten a lot of pleasure out of the various pieces of equipment we own, and while some purchases have disappointed, many others have proven valuable indeed. While it’s fun to browse online, these days most of my purchases come because I have an idea for a scene, and I need something specific to turn the vision I have in my head into reality.
Sadly, though, I have several times now envisioned a piece of equipment, gone out to find a reasonable approximation of what I have in mind, and discovered to my chagrin that said piece of equipment doesn’t seem to exist. How disappointing! While there has been a fair amount of innovation in the sexual equipment marketplace over the last couple decades, there is still much room for new ideas!
With that in mind, I thought I’d describe three items that I wish existed, and which I would buy if they did exist. Perhaps some innovator out there will take these ideas and run with them. If so, let me know—I’ll be your first customer!
- Remote Control Wireless Vibrating Butt Plug: I’ve been looking for this for literally years, but without success. Having Joy wear this item out on a date while I carry the remote in my pocket and can activate it when I choose would be highly exciting for both of us! Why does no one make one of these? The characteristics required are as follows:
- Wireless remote control operation
- Shaped and sized so that it can remain in place while walking out in public
- Shaped so that it can remain inserted on its own—this would probably need to leverage a harness to ensure it stays in place, and I already have one that would work provided that the base fits into a standard strap-on mount
- Panties with Attached Remote Control Vibrating Dildo and Vibrating Clitoral Stimulator: Perhaps I simply want too much of a good thing with this item, but what I’d like is a pair of panties with a built-in, vibrating vaginal insert, plus some sort of clitoral stimulator (similar in basic concept to the rabbit portion of a rabbit vibrator) as well. I’ve seen other vibrating panties, but frankly have been unimpressed. They don’t get enough leverage to be able to bring Joy to orgasm. The panties I envision would resolve that issue by fitting snugly (perhaps latex would be the right material?) as well as including both interior and exterior stimulation. As with the butt plug described above, I’d like these to be wearable under a skirt out in public, and controlled via wireless remote. Once again, I suspect these would drive Joy wild on a date night, plus they’d come in handy during scenes in which Joy is required to provide me with oral sex.
- A truly subtle set of dress bondage cuffs and collar. I’d want these to be strong enough to be functional, and yet elegant and discrete enough to pass in public. That means they probably must be metal (I can’t see how leather could pass), no padlock motifs, and the attachment points must be subtle rather than overt o-rings. Joy would get a kick out of wearing these out and about, and knowing that as soon as we were behind closed doors, I could have her helplessly bound in them.
I’ve also noticed that there’s a severe lack of well-made, elegant bondage furniture available. There are certainly various metal chairs, racks, cages, etc, but that’s not what I’m talking about. I mean, for instance, a pretty and padded spanking table, one that would mingle the comfort of fine furniture with the severity of being unable to move while being spanked. Or a bondage chair that enforces wide-spread legs and offers attachment points for hands both above the head and behind the back of the chair, while providing a cushioned surface on which the bound party sits. I picture wood and upholstery rather than metal bars or plastic. Think of furniture that you’d be proud to have in your living room if you never had vanilla visitors and you’ll have the basic concept in mind.
To the best of my knowledge, BDSM furniture like this doesn’t exist. I went so far as to build my own spanking table but I don’t have the skill to be able to make truly fine furniture as I envision. Mine is hardly a work of art, though it’s highly functional, and it badly needs some built in padding to improve the experience of being bound. Sure wish I knew how to do upholstery—I’d take a stab at an improved version.
Anyway, so that’s my wish list of BDSM equipment that doesn’t seem to exist. If you, good reader, know of products that meet the needs I’ve outlined, by all means, please point me to them! Thanks very much, and…